Updates

Sunday, November 30, 2008

New Thing #324--You're Invited...

I've started to plan for a celebration for the end of this project. Today I created an Evite invitation.

Evite is an online personal party planning service. Although I was familiar with the invitation component because I've received them in the past, I was surprised to see that the Website also has entertaining tips and party planning tools (a budget estimator, a drink calculator, and a checklist for tasks). Everything in one place!

There were hundreds of invitation templates to choose from, arranged by category. After I picked one, I customized it with the location, date, and time of my event, and included a message at the bottom of the page. It was a bit of a pain to add e-mail addresses to the guest list (evite wouldn't play nicely with my personal e-mail contact book), but with a bit of cutting and pasting the problem was solved.

After I had the draft finalized, I sent it to myself to see what it looked like. In addition to the invitation, there's a spot to RSVP, and a guest list. The website keeps an updated list of who's attending and who's not.

I still have a couple of email addresses to gather before my invitation is ready to go out, but it feels good to have most of it done. I'm looking forward to receiving my first replies.

2 comments:

  1. I'm too lazy to calculate...when will your project be ending? And yes, I've been too lazy to post my final thing [because it's photo heavy and Blogger hates uploading multiple photos for me].

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on my birthday-January 11, 2008.

    ReplyDelete