Updates

Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Thing #303--Pile It On

I was craving a bite of something sweet tonight after dinner. Rummaging through the pantry, I found a bag of marshmallows (mmmm....pure sugar!) that we'd bought for roasting last month and didn't use.

I opened the bag and took a marshmallow out; before I put it in my mouth I took a good look at it, and realized it looked a bit like a building block. I wondered how they would stack, so today I made a stack of marshmallows, then ate them.

I thought this would an easy activity, but it was surprisingly difficult. Most of the marshmallows weren't completely flat on top, so they didn't stack nicely. I found that if I pushed down on the top, then released them, they became a bit flatter. They also got a bit sticky, and adhered to each other better.

After several tries, a stack of three marshmallows was only a little wobbly, but a stack of four would only stand up for a second before it fell over. However, unlike blocks, the marshmallows stayed stuck together after they fell over.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, had marshmellows as a snack this weekend when I was craving something sweet! And here I thought I was the only one... :)

    ReplyDelete