Updates

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Thing #313--Don't Slurp!

Today is a very busy day, with several projects that have to get done. The morning flew by in a flurry of e-mails, housework, and yard work. All of a sudden I realized I was hungry; I looked at the clock and it was lunchtime! I didn't want to stop for a real meal, so I surveyed the pantry to see what was quick.

I found some ramen noodles on a shelf near the back. I'm not a big fan of ramen, but I knew it would be an easy meal. I looked around for a container to microwave them in, and found a carryout bowl from a Japanese restaurant that seemed appropriate.

What goes with a Japanese-style bowl? Chopsticks! However, I didn't want to take the time to dig out a pair. Looking through the drawer, I found something that served the same purpose. Today I ate ramen using a pair of straws.


It actually worked out great. I could use the straws like chopsticks to pick up the noodles, or put the bowl to my mouth and shovel them in. I didn't need to get a spoon for the juice; I just used a straw!

To complete the meal, I added turkey lunch meat to the noodles, and carrot sticks on the side. Meal finished, I moved on to the next thing on my to-do list.

2 comments: