Updates

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Thing #319--Contribute

Sometimes new Things just drop into your lap...

I got an e-mail today from Marijean, the STLWorkingMom, which said in part:
I'm writing to invite you to contribute to a wiki -- if you haven't done it before, it could be your new thing for the day. The site is: http://thanksgivingfavorites.wetpaint.com and it's been created to collect Thanksgiving recipes, ideas and memories for family and friends.
How could I refuse the invitation? Today I contributed to a Wiki.

A wiki is a collaborative Web site that anyone can edit; Wikipedia is probably the most well-known (and the only one I've used). Marijean's Wiki was all about Thanksgiving. Wetpaint, the hosting service, allows anyone to create a site, and provides templates to make it easy. They state that there's been over one million social Websites created.

After I registered, I added my contribution. The whole thing was very easy (although at first I had my recipe in the wrong section). There's not a whole lot of entries in Marijean's Wiki yet, but I'm looking forward to checking to see what's there later.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug! I continue to be amazed and inspired by you and your New Things. Glad I could contribute to the list!

    Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually use a wiki wetpaint at work to put all our text on there for editing/proofreading by our coworkers. It's pretty cool except sometimes it's slow and you have to hit refresh a lot for everything to show up in real time.

    ReplyDelete