Updates

Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Thing #44--Nice to Meet You

Pearl S. Buck said, "You can judge your age by the amount of pain you feel when you come in contact with a new idea."

During Mass today, the priest started his sermon by talking about how he's working up to a milestone birthday; he was realizing that he needed to be open to change in his life...exactly what this project is about. I felt like he was speaking directly to me!

Tony and I usually go to church at the same time every week, and sit in approximately the same place (give or take a few rows). Consequently, I see many of the same people every week. I know some of them by name, and others by sight only. When we're leaving at the end of Mass, I can always find a familiar face to chat with on the way out.

So, thanks to Fr. Dave's inspiration, at the end of Mass I turned around and introduced myself to the person sitting behind me. She had a beautiful singing voice so I told her I was glad I had the chance to be in front of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment