Updates

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Thing #32--Please Mr. Postman

When you think about it, the Post Office does a great job. Although the price of a stamp keeps going up, for 41 cents you can send seven or eight pieces of paper anywhere in the country, and your envelope gets there within a couple of days. It's not hard to mail your letters; all you have to do is walk out to the curb, put them in the box, and raise the flag. Unlike e-mail, the recipient doesn't have to use their own paper and ink to print the document out.

Although I don't know our carrier's name, I appreciate what she does on a daily basis. Today I gave the postal carrier a thank you note. I wrapped a small bag of candy inside the note, put it in the mailbox, and put the flag up. It was gone when I got home and replaced with today's pile of mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment