Updates

Monday, February 11, 2008

New Thing #31--The Spin

I try to go to the gym on a regular basis. I have my little routine of classes I do-weightlifting, step, and yoga. Gold's Gym, where we have our membership, has an entire room devoted to Spinning. The people that go into that room look like hard-core cyclists. Since I can't even peddle up the hills in my neighborhood, I've never gone in because I didn't want to embarrass myself. However, in the interest of trying a new thing each day, today I took a Spinning class.

I picked a bike next to the one familiar face I knew in the room; Bob gave me some pointers as the class went along that helped. I was also able to watch other people to see what I should do. The music was really good, which provided additional inspiration.

Much to my surprise I was pretty much able to keep up with the class. The sweat dripping off the tip of my nose at the end of the class made me feel like I had exercised hard. After it was over I confessed to the teacher that it was my first time.

I may add Spinning to my rotation of classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment