Updates

Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Thing #37--Mix it Up

I have an MP3 player that I use when I walk and when I use the machines at the gym, but I've barely scratched the surface of its possibilities. Most of the music I've loaded onto it I got from my sons' computer hard drives--songs which they burned from my CD collection! However, it was time to put some more up tempo tunes on the player, so today I downloaded a music mix from the Internet.

I won't download music without paying for it. I don't understand how people think musicians get paid if everyone uses file sharing music sites. However, I recently learned that most podcasts are free. By Goggling "music mixes" I was able to find many places to search. However, since my player is a brand other than ipod, I couldn't use the itunes format. With just a little more looking, though, I was able to find what I was looking for at Podfeed. I found dozens of programs featuring music of every type! I downloaded the program to my player to try out tomorrow morning; I think I'll probably end up downloading non-music podcasts, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment