Updates

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Thing #201--Thank YOU!

I have a small collection of used textbooks for sale on an Internet site. Some of them have been posted for several months; I'm always surprised (and happy) when I get an e-mail that I've sold one and need to ship it to a buyer.

The site conveniently provides a link for a printable packing slip. I usually just grab that page off the printer and stick it in the box before I tape everything up. However, today I wrote a personal note to the buyer of a used book.

I folded a piece of colorful stationary in half like a card and wrote on the inside. I thanked her for buying MY book instead of any of the other duplicate copies of the book that were listed. I added that I hoped she enjoyed using the book. It's a literature compilation and has a lot of great stories in it.

I can't remember the last time I received a personal, hand-written note. It made my day; I hope the person who opens my package feels the same way.

2 comments:

  1. I love to get personal thank you's when I buy something. Etsy sellers are really good at personal touches like that. I once bought a little silly something at Etsy and the seller sent along a tiny bag of plastic Halloween charms with it. It had nothing to do with the original item I bought, but it was fun to get that little extra surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice surprise for your buyer! and such a great personal touch. :)

    ReplyDelete