Updates

Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Thing #174--Huh?

My plans for today had to morph as an upshot of a long chat with a good chum. I thought about an unusual Thing that I could do in a short span I had, but I was at a loss. I had to do an activity that would allow satisfaction and fulfill my conditions.

Following long thought, I found a solution. My daily product would last only for today, as all good Things should.

It was difficult, and took much work, but today I could author a post without a part of our array of symbols with which I scrawl words.
In plain English: I HAD A LONG PHONE CALL WITH A FRIEND, RAN OUT OF TIME, AND HAD TO CHANGE MY PLANS FOR THE DAY. I NEEDED A DIFFERENT THING TO DO. AFTER MUCH EFFORT, I WROTE THIS ENTIRE POST WITHOUT THE LETTER ‘E’!
It's really hard--try it yourself sometime.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Kathy.. until I read the note at the bottom I hadn't a clue what the missing link was... how long did it take you to write that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The activity took me about 45 minutes, but it wasn't continuous, because I was working on dinner at the same time.

    ReplyDelete