Updates

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Thing #172--Cut It

Last night Tony and I went to Whole Foods for dinner (since he'd not been yet, and wanted to go), then we did a little bit of shopping.

The store had a lot of samples displayed; in the produce section we tried pineapple, mango, and oranges. I realized that I had never purchased a mango, so I put a couple in my bag. I wasn't sure how to serve the fruit, so I did some research, and learned how to cut and serve a mango.

I used the "How to Cut a Mango" page on the Simply Recipes Website for my research. The process looked pretty easy:
  • Stand the mango on its end, stem side down. Cut from the top of the mango down one side of the oblong pit, then repeat with the other side.
  • Take a mango half and use a knife to make lengthwise and crosswise cuts in it, without cutting through the peel.
  • Take the fruit off the peel with your fingers, or by using a small paring knife to cut the the pieces off.
  • Get the flesh off the middle section with the pit, then peel it.
I used my cook's prerogative and ate all of the fruit from the middle section myself as I was preparing dinner. I served the mango in custard cups for dessert tonight. It was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment