Updates

Monday, July 14, 2008

New Thing #185--On My Side

We live in a safe area of St. Louis County, and have a good relationship with the City of Manchester (our municipality). They've lived up to our expectations by doing what they need to do--fix the roads, make sure the trash and recycling are picked up, and remove the snow in the winter. The police patrol our neighborhood on a regular basis, and the Parks Department meets our needs. Over the years, I've not had to communicate with City Hall at all.

Today I corresponded with my City Alderman. I became a Trustee for my subdivision at the end of last year; we're having some issues with our retaining basin, and thought we could get some assistance from the City. The first step was contacting one of the two alderman for our ward, so I volunteered to make the contact.

I exchanged several e-mails with Alderman Diehl, and followed up with a phone call. He seemed like a very nice person, and generally interested in our problem. It's nice to know that someone is looking out for us at City Hall.

1 comment:

  1. but will anything come of it?

    our local politicians only care if it seems to impact them.. otherwise very little happens in a long time..

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete