Updates

Friday, July 4, 2008

New Thing #175--Picture It

I'm a horrible photographer. Back when I was using film, I'd have to throw away at least half of every roll, because the camera had discharged in my purse, or I'd take a picture of someone's foot, or the camera strap got in the way, or something else had gone wrong. I have boxes full of fuzzy pictures of the kids I can't bring myself to get rid of, because if I did I wouldn't have anything left! At least with my digital camera I can delete the worst mistakes and not spend the money to print them.

My camera has many settings, but I just use the Simple mode. I've also learned how to use the zoom. Everything else is too complicated. Ms. Point-and-Shoot, that's me.

But there's no way to take a picture if you don't have your camera with you. I have a problem remembering to even bring the camera. Today was a case in point. We went to a picnic this afternoon. I put the camera case in the car, got to the picnic, and left the camera in the car. After dinner, we decided to walk to a fireworks display at Manchester City Park. I put the camera in my tote bag along with the bug spray and blanket.

We arrived about 7:00, found a place to sit with some acquaintances from church, and started talking. Before I knew it, the fireworks had started. Shortly after that I realized that I might want to get my camera out and use it. I vaguely remembered that my camera had settings for different types of light, so I switched over to that position on the dial, and discovered (HOLY CRUD!!) that my camera had a mode specifically for fireworks! Tonight I took pictures with the Fireworks mode on my camera.

Here's one of my creations:


I'm certainly not ready to join the professional leagues yet, but this is much better than I usually do!

2 comments: