Updates

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Thing #194--Dream On

Although the experts say that everyone dreams every night, I never remember what I dream.

Yesterday MSN had a link to a dream interpretation page. I clicked through, even though I thought "that's interesting; I don't have a use for it". My subconscious must have grabbed onto the information, though, because when I woke up this morning I actually remembered the last dream I was having. I grabbed a scrap of paper, wrote it down, and today I interpreted my dream.

My dream is in black, and the interpretation from the MSN Dream Dictionary is in green. If there were two possible interpretations for a word, I chose the one that made the most sense to me.
I was cooking some brown (Illness, Materialism) gravy in a dark (Darkness hides one's surroundings, and so darkness in a dream could indicate that you are "in the dark" about something, and need to find the truth) bathroom (Secret places, where the company of others is usually not desired). I kept stirring and tasting (Tasting food represents minor steps towards prosperity) it to make sure it was ok.

A crowd (Dreaming of actually being part of an orderly and purposeful crowd implies aspirations in tune with those around you and support and assistance in making all your dreams a reality), which included some of my students, was playing a game (Watching a game hints at feelings of being on the outside looking in - or possibly feelings that you're sitting on the sidelines while life passes you by) around me in the background. Every once in awhile, one of them would come check on my progress; in the dream I could see their face (If you see a happy, smiling face, then pleasures and good times lie ahead) clearly. The situation was very positive. There was a sense of love (If the dream is of observing the love between other people, this portends the consummation of some of the dreamer's own hopes and wishes) in the room.
So what does it mean? Far as I can figure out, I'm a clueless, relatively prosperous material girl who likes to hang by myself. I have realistic goals, and help to reach them; however, I think that life is passing me by. I better get busy and work on achieving those dreams, so good times can come to me.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at this...except for dreams about being naked, none of my dreams were listed.

    ReplyDelete