Updates

Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Thing #153--Clothes Make the (Wo)man

Tony gave me a book for my birthday back in January called 2,001 Things to Do Before You Die. It had some really great suggestions that I added to my list of things to do. One of the ideas was to wear stripes, florals, and plaids in the same outfit. I used that idea for my inspiration today when I dressed in clothes that completely clashed.

I couldn't quite pull off all three textures in the same outfit, because I don't have all of them in my summer wardrobe (maybe it's time to go shopping?), but I think I followed the spirit of the idea. I started with a blue and white plaid sun dress, with a red and white dotted blouse underneath it. My hair was pulled back with a lavender barrette, and I accessorized with turquoise earrings and brown Keds that have tiny polka dots on the sides.

So out of the three students today, how many do you think commented on my outfit? If you said 'none', give yourself a pat on the back!

5 comments:

  1. Except for the shoes, it's a pretty decent outfit. And my students would like the shoes. I know because I have a similar pair, and I get compliments when I wear them. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,

    You are a brave woman. This post cracked me up! I haven't been able to get through your archives yet, but I was wondering how many people in your workplace know about your mission. Otherwise, I'm afraid they might think you're crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just goes to prove that clothes don't necessarily have to be the maker of the man only the cloth that covers our backs..

    Have a great weekend

    Sage

    ReplyDelete
  4. dkzody-I get compliments on my shoes all the time too. I love Keds. They're one of the few shoes that fit my feet. I'm acquiring quite a collection in different styles and colors.

    ashley-on most days, it's just me and my students. They're either not aware of my craziness, or so accepting of it they don't mention it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your students are anything like mine, they figure anyone who teaches high school is crazy.

    ReplyDelete