Updates

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Thing #144--Tropical

When I was looking for something else in the basement today, I came upon part of a costume I used back in the day when I danced with a dance studio as a teenager.

The routine was Hawaiian-themed, and involved audience participation... the dancers "hula'd" out; each dancer found a man out in the audience, brought him on stage, made him put on a ridiculous costume and dance as part of the line. It was usually pretty funny.

The costume consisted of a two-piece swimming suit, long "grass" skirt actually made out of fringe and sequins, and plastic flower lei, hair flower, and wrist corsage. The swim suit is long gone (as is my svelte body!), and never in a million years would I be able to get the skirt around my hips, but I wore the plastic flower lei and hair flower to work. Considering the humidity in the atmosphere today, I might as well have been in the tropics!

The only person who commented was one of the other tutors, and only after I mentioned that my flowers could blend in with the pattern on his Hawaiian shirt.

2 comments:

  1. were you trying to tell him something? lol ... I wish I could do that but work is a bit more formal than that.... though today I am wearing a skirt for the first time this year :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,

    I just found your website from the comment you made on my to-do list. This site makes me so very happy! I think it is wonderful that you're trying all of these new things. I may follow suit with some of your suggestions. Once I get through your list, I'll let you know if I have any suggestions. Love the flower in the hair! Even more, I love that no one said a word about it. Take care!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete