Updates

Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Thing #149--Puppy Eyes

I was at the mall today looking for a pair of shoes. Near the end of my shopping, I walked by the pet store. I hadn't been inside there since the kids were little. The "dog store" was always one of their shopping highlights--they would get to go inside and look as a reward for good behavior. We never let them get a puppy out...we were never in the market. However, today, for old times sake, I went in and asked to look at a puppy at the mall pet store.
[NOTE: I would never actually buy any type of a pet at the mall store. I've never had any desire to contribute to the problem of pet overpopulation. Our cats came from our sister-in-law, after her cat had a litter; otherwise we would have gone to the Humane Society to adopt. Back in April, Oprah had a show on the "Hidden World of Puppy Mills". Lisa Ling went undercover and was able to secretly film what actually goes on in the mills. It was horrendous!]
There were several sets of parents and children watching the pets in the store's front windows, but the inside of the store wasn't busy. The teen aged clerk seemed happy to have something to do when I asked for assistance. Many of the puppies in the crates were sleeping, so I picked a yellow Lab that was awake and alert. She was soft, cute, and cuddly.

I finished my visit, thanked the clerk, and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment