Updates

Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to me.....

Today's the big day! I went to bed last night as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve, and was laying in bed awake when the alarm went off.

I was looking for something with visual impact for my first New Thing. I decided to wear a hat. I've read articles in fashion magazines that proclaim the hat is back, but not in my crowd. We're more baseball caps and warm sensible hats in cold weather.

I bought a maroon felt hat awhile back when I was feeling adventurous, but it ended up in the back of my closet. When I took it out the brim was bent on one side, so I figured out how to steam it back into shape (another New Thing!) so it would be ready to wear.

I got an incredible amount of compliments from people I talked to during the day; when I explained why I was wearing it I got a lot of Happy Birthday wishes too.

Me wearing the hat (with son Donald):


No comments:

Post a Comment