Updates

Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Thing #293--Remember To Use ALL Fingers When Waving At A Police Officer!

Although I don't have much opportunity to chat with the police officers for my city, I get the impression they do a good job. Their patrol cars drive through our neighborhood on a regular basis looking for problems, and they seem to corral speeders on a regular basis. The couple of times I've called the precinct I've been transferred to a helpful person.

I know, though, that the friendly officers are always on the job when they're in uniform. I try not to draw attention to myself, especially when I'm driving; I don't want to give them any reason to pull me over. However, as I was going to work today I saw a police car with a radar gun sitting on a side road not even trying to hide. I wondered what what would happen when I waved to a police officer who was on the job.

When I went by the patrol car I looked right at the officer and gave a huge wave. There was no way he could have missed it! I wasn't sure if he'd now spring into action and try to find a violation to stop me for. As I passed him, he had no expression on his face. Nothing happened!

If I can find the courage, I might perform this experiment again and see if I get the same or a different result next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment