Updates

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Thing #263--Strike A Pose

One of the things I read this morning said, in part...
look for ways to enjoy life...explore something new...
Maybe today I'll try standing on my head to see if I like the view...
That made me think. I could never stand on my head when I was a kid, but I'm in much better physical shape now than I was then, so maybe I could do it now. Today I tried standing on my head.

I tried to find a place in the house where I wouldn't cause too much damage if I fell over. I decided to perform my experiment in the family room, with the couch as my "spotter". Much to my surprise, I remembered the first part--the tripod, where you're on your head and hands, with your knees on top of your elbows. After a few tries, I could do that. However, much as I tried, I couldn't get past that point.

Although this obviously isn't me, I'm sure it's how I looked:



To add insult to injury, I gave myself a headache! I don't know if I'll be trying this activity again.

1 comment:

  1. Handstands are easier on your head, but more difficult to maintain - just try doing it against a wall to lean on.

    ReplyDelete