Updates

Friday, September 19, 2008

New Thing #252--Get Well Soon

Today I sent a get well card to someone I've never met.

Another thing-a-day blogger (Jen S, whose blog is Everyday Giving) has had a couple of posts about Christian and Stephanie Nielson, who were in a horrible plane crash back in August, and have third degree burns over much of their bodies (See her posts AOK #253 on August 28th and AOK #271 on September 16th.)

As I was reading Jen's posts, I noticed that she had linked to another blog, c jane enjoy it. c jane (Courtney) is the sister of Stephanie Neilson. She and her husband, along with their extended family, are caring for the four Neilson children, who are all under the age of 6, while their parents recover. I got sucked into reading c jane's blog; she's an excellent writer and has posted frequent updates.

In Jen's post, she suggested sending cards to the Neilsons in the hospital. The whole story touched me, and I put a card in the mail. I hope it brightens someone's day.

If you'd like to send a card, they can be mailed to:
c/o cjane
2250 N. University Pkwy #4876
Provo, Utah 84604-1590

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Just saw your comment on my blog, thanks for dropping by! And congrats on your journey - you're well past half way and I'm going to enjoy looking at things you've done so far.

    I felt drawn to comment on this particular post because I too have become a follower of the Nielsons and their story. Courtney writes so beautifully, and their story is very moving. It seems like bloggers the world over are rooting for them!

    ReplyDelete