Updates

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Thing #221--Here or To Go?

My plans for tonight had me going to a section of the county that I don't often get to. When I left work, I realized there was no time for me to put something together for dinner from the house; I'd have to get something from a restaurant.

Usually when I'm eating out it's with Tony and we use an Entertainment coupon book--partly for the discounts, but also to help us discover new places to eat. However, the vast majority of the coupons are for Buy One, Get One Free entrees. Since there was only one of me tonight, I used a restaurant coupon for a free entree and carried out my "free" meal".

There were several coupons for restaurants in the area I was going to.
However, the first one I picked was no longer in business, and a second one was open only for lunch, so I settled for a "fast casual" chain restaurant. I placed my order at the counter. When they asked where I was dining, I said "one for here...one to go". The cashier didn't blink an eye!

When my food came out, tonight's dinner was arranged nicely on a plate, and the extra was boxed in a sturdy carry-out container for lunch tomorrow. I put the container in the cooler I'd brought in my car so it would stay cold.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea they would let you do this. Actually I hadn't even thought of it before. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that--I need to do that with buy one get one frees!

    ReplyDelete