Updates

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Thing #124--Listen to the Music

Tony and I were gifted with tickets to the baseball game tonight. This is the first Cardinal game we've attended this year; the tickets were great; unlike the "nosebleed" seats we usually sit in, we were in the boxes right behind the visiting team dugout four rows from the field! We even had a waitress that would fetch things from the concession stand if we needed anything.

The game was great. The Cardinals beat the Pirates 5 to 1. Todd Wellemeyer pitched a two-hitter before he was relieved in the seventh inning. We stayed until the fireworks announced the end of the game. On our way out of the stadium, there was a musician--a saxophone player standing on the sidewalk with a box for donations. Every time we go to a game there's music being played by some type of musician or another. I always enjoy hearing the music as I walk to my car, but I'm usually in a hurry to get home. I've never done it before, but today I dropped money in a street musician's box.

The musician smiled at me and kept on playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment