Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Thing #352--Measure Up

I've heard that cats can sleep eighteen to twenty hours a day. An intestinal virus has caught up with me, and I've been laying around a lot since yesterday. Today I compared my sleep schedule to my cats'.



7:30 AM--Woke up, rolled over, went back to sleep

Are you kidding? We got up at 4:30, ate breakfast, and then started our early-morning nap.

9:15--Pulled myself out of bed. Pepper was sleeping on my feet. Showered, dressed, and passed Jackson curled up in the hallway as I went downstairs.

Ahhh…nothing like a cat nap. Makes the day go so much faster!

9:45--Made some tea for breakfast, and ate a handful of Cheerios.

The cats thought the cereal sounded like kibbles, and came into the kitchen to see if there was anything for them. They walked under the table a couple of times, and then went to take their mid-morning nap.

10:30--I’m not feeling so good, so I go into the family room to stretch out on the couch. Pushed Jackson out of the way, and take the prime spot in the sun.

Jackson opened one eye, looked at me, and then went back to sleep. After a half-hour, he got up, stretched, and lay back down (with his head facing the opposite direction as before). Pepper tried to join us at some point, but decided it was too crowded on the couch.

1:00--Decided to go to church; although I couldn’t sleep there, at least I wasn’t exerting any energy.

Pepper joined me in the bathroom as I was getting ready, and then followed me into the hall. As I was leaving, he was getting ready to curl up for his early-afternoon nap.

2:00--Went in the car with Tony to run several errands. Dozed almost the entire time.

The cats got fed before we left; expending the most energy they had all day. Afterwards, it was time for the all-important mid-afternoon nap.

3:00--Fell asleep on the couch, and woke up about 4:00 to the sound of dinner preparations. Got up and drank a cup of coffee (which did not agree with me!)

The cats are still missing in action; based on past experience they’re on or under one of the beds in the house

4:30--Back to the family room to stretch out, although for variety I chose the couch on the other side of the room.

Jackson was taking his late-afternoon nap on a blanket which was thrown over the top of the couch. He passed on the opportunity to join me.

6:00--Dinner time. Eggs, sausage, and pancakes for everyone else; one dry pancake and tea for me.

The cats make a couple of passes under the table, looking for crumbs. They don’t find anything, so they left to go curl up together somewhere.

7:15--Finally starting to feel better.

Pepper joins me at the computer, sitting on the desk as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment