Updates

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Thing #75--Common Courtesy

I regularly do the "big" grocery shopping at a no-frills grocery store where you pay with cash or debit card only, bag your own groceries, and get them to the car yourself; the concept of cart attendants is unknown there.

There's been many times over the years where I've really struggled to get an overloaded cart through the parking lot and loaded into my trunk. I really sympathize with the shoppers who stagger out of the store, overwhelmed. Today I helped someone unload their groceries into their car.

This was harder to do than I would have thought. I didn't want to look like a stalker in the parking lot, so I waited in my car until I saw an older man with a full cart come out of the store. I walked up to him and asked if I could help. It didn't take long to finish.

I drove away with a good feeling that I really helped someone else today.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very brave woman to shop at such a store. I am very spoiled and lot likes of customer service. I will, occasionally, ask someone if I can take IN their basket, but it's usually because I know they are only going to leave it sit right there, in the middle of the parking lot. Today, the lovely bag clerk took my cart to my car and loaded my groceries, taking the cart back in with her.

    ReplyDelete