Updates

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Thing #60--Walking in Circles

Some of the things I've done for the sake of this project have been relatively time-consuming, and some have involved some financial outlay. Today was neither of those; today I walked in the opposite direction on the trail at my municipal park.

Schroeder Park in the City of Manchester is a great park. It's where the pool is located, and it's got a playground, tennis courts, basketball courts, and athletic fields. There's an oval walking track around the athletic fields, and a great trail that winds around the perimeter of the park. There are a couple of pretty substantial inclines on the trail that leave me winded. I walk on the trail every couple of months, but for some reason always walk the same direction. I start at the southwest end, walk to the eastern side, and wind back around. Today I started my circuit going northwest and had new views of things that I see all the time.

There's a log cabin (the Baxter Log Cabin) that you completely miss coming down the hill on my usual route; today I was able to study it in detail as I walked by. One of the houses that back up to the park had a rock garden with a Buddha statue in it. I also saw a newly-planted tree, bench, and plaque for Matthew Pathenos, a local man who was killed in Iraq last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment