Updates

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Thing #74--Fashion Faux Pax?

Being a Woman of a Certain Age, my mother instilled many fashion dos and don'ts. One of her biggest fashion faux pax was to let your undergarments show. Today I broke her rule when I wore a colored bra with a white shirt.

The pastel green bra (itself a impulsive radical purchase after Christmas) barely showed through the t-shirt material. In the end, though, I chickened out and wore a vest, too, so only part of the green showed. As I was getting dressed, I noticed that the pearl necklace that I bought in Vegas coordinated with my outfit, so I put it on. I'm CONFIDENT that this is the first time I've coordinated my jewelry with my underwear!

My younger friends, who regularly let their bra straps show, couldn't understand why this was such a big deal for me. I must be on the far side of the generation gap.

1 comment: