Updates

Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Thing #113--Good Google Gadget

Sigh...Another Saturday...another gloomy day of below-average temperatures. I have a whole list of projects that can't get done today. Can't weed the perennial bed (too wet), can't plant the annuals (ground temperature still too low). Don't want to fill up the vehicle with wood chips from the local park (too cold and wet). Time for an inside Thing.

While checking my e-mail this morning, I noticed a link on the iGoogle page that sounded like fun. Today I made a GoogleGram gadget.

GoogleGram is a gadget where you can choose from several images (sunflowers, balloons, roses, bonsai, and chocolates ) and create a custom message for someone for each day of the week. I used the balloon images, and added quotations about friendship for my messages. The gadget showed up on my iGoogle page. I had the option to publish the gadget to the directory (which I chose) or to keep it private. The gadget will be available in the directory in 10 days.

I e-mailed an invitation to view the gadget to some of the people on my address list (basically everyone who may be using Google already); it will be up to them to decide if they want to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment