Updates

Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Thing #142--Can You Read This?

I am typing thispost without looking at it. I DON'T like to have typos in my work, so this is a real challenge for me. I'm actually typing while my monitor is turned off so I won't be tempted to look. I figured out what I was going to type in advance so I didn't have to concentrate on composition AND typing. I will turnt he monitor on after I'm finished to see how I did.

I used to be a pretty accurate typist when I worked in an office, but I've noticed that my skills have disintegrated since I don't do it all the time. I always use Spell Check before I print or publish something I've typed. I also rely on looking down on the screen to see if I need to correct something.

I added the graphis to this post before I started typing, because I couldn't do that without looking. To help me to keep my fingers in the right position, I'm using the little raised dashes that are on the "f" and the "j" key. I never noticed they were there before today. I'm working much slower than I usually do, and concentrating on typing accuracy.

I may or nmay not translate this once I look at it.

Update after I looked: I didn't do too bad! My old typing teacher would be proud.

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered what those raised lines on f and j were for.

    I can't even type that well with my eyes open and looking at the keys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all. I can't do touch typing.

    ReplyDelete