Updates

Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Thing #92--Organize Me!

I try very hard to be organized, and for the most part I am. I rarely forget appointments, and I usually get paperwork where it needs to be on time. However, since my PDA pooped out months ago, I've not had a good way to know what's going on in my life when I'm not in front of my calendar. Today I made a PocketMod to carry in my purse to help me be organized.

A friend had sent me a link to the PocketMod Website a while back, but I didn't follow up on it till today. If you're not familiar with the concept, a PocketMod is a recyclable personal organizer; if you have one piece of paper and a printer, you're ready to start. The resulting organizer, which is the size of your paper folded into eighths, can fit easily in your purse or pocket. It opens like a book, and the first page has a pouch to carry a business card or other small paperwork.

There are many widgets you can add to customize the PocketMod. Mine included a calendar for this month and next month (although there are daily and weekly options), conversion and formula reference pages, a mini-checkbook register (so I can record my debit-card charges when I don't have my checkbook handy), and some blank pages for notes to myself.

After it printed, I used the embedded YouTube "how to fold" video to complete my PocketMod and put it in my purse. I'm set for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment