Updates

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Thing #82--Bubblicious

In one of my daily meditation books recently, the topic was not taking yourself so seriously, but having fun. The book gave several examples-one of which jumped out at me as a great activity for today. I blew bubbles.

I bought a package of scented bubbles that contained three small bottles (blueberry, lemon, and pineapple) and took them to work. After I had set up the room for the day, I went outside and started blowing. After a couple of minutes, I got a phone call that went like this:
  • Student: Hi, Kathy. Whatcha' doing?
  • Me: Blowing bubbles
  • Student: Why?
  • Me: It just felt like a good thing to do.
  • Student: Ok. See you soon.
Some of the bubbles I blew got caught on a wind current and drifted over into the next yard- more than 50 feet away. Sometimes the wind would blow the bubbles right back into my face, and sometimes carry them away from me. It was very soothing to watch the large and small bubbles float along.

I left the jars on a bench outside when the day started. Later, during a class break, I came outside to find all three jars being used by students.

No comments:

Post a Comment