Updates

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Thing #333-Giving Credit Where It's Due

On Sunday I wrote about my commitment to scale back Christmas, and included a list of free holiday gifts e-mailed to me by a friend. The e-mail credited the author, but failed to include the source of the list.

I tried Googling the list by name and the author's name, but came up short. After I published the post, I sent a link to the author, Melissa Mayntz, asking her where the original piece could be found so I could give her credit.

I received her response today:
I'm glad you enjoyed the list of free holiday gifts, and I want to say thank you for offering to give proper credit for the piece... Thanks again, and all the best for a wonderful (and frugal!) holiday season.
Today I went back and revised one of my posts to give acknowledgment to the author of something I quoted.

After I linked to Melissa's article, I wandered around the Website, The Dollar Stretcher, for a while. I found A LOT of tips that will come in handy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, how funny, I just credited you in my lastest post! That's ok right? I figured the more people read about Advent Conspiracy the better, it's such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the credit, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete