Updates

Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Thing #181--Skivvies

One of the last things I did in Cleveland was shop in Tower City Center, which has a mall similar to Union Station in St. Louis. I spent a bit of money in Victoria's Secret, buying something that was a new style for me. Today I broke out my purchase and I wore a type of "undies" that I've never worn before. They were much more comfortable than I originally thought they'd be...I'll leave it at that.

In a somewhat related story that I somehow missed last month:

Woman sues Victoria's Secret claiming thong injury

LOS ANGELES (Reuters Jun 20, 2008) - A woman who says she was hurt by her thong panties when a metal clip flew off and hit her in the eye has sued Victoria's Secret, saying in a TV interview on Thursday that the injury caused her "excruciating pain."

Macrida Patterson, a 52-year-old Los Angeles traffic officer, told NBC's "Today" show that she suffered cuts to her cornea from the small piece of metal that had been used to secure a rhinestone heart onto the blue thong.

"I was putting on my underwear from Victoria's Secret and the metal popped in my eye. It happened really quickly. I was in excruciating pain. I screamed. That's what happened," Patterson told NBC.

Patterson's lawyer Jason Buccat, who also appeared on the "Today" show, said the metal staple causes "severe damage" to her cornea that required a topical steroid.

The product liability lawsuit, which was filed on June 9 in Los Angeles Superior Court and first reported on the Smoking Gun Web site, seeks unspecified damages.

A spokeswoman for Victoria's Secret, which is operated by Limited Brands Inc, could not immediately be reached for comment.

2 comments:

  1. Makes "you'll shoot your eye out," take on a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thong's get dangerous in the wrong hands... now the PC british would have to insist on the store putting a warning up on how to handle a thong correctly using health and safety guidelines involving goggles and probably thick gloves to handle such dangerous objects.

    Love the story... hope your's don't give you any trouble

    ReplyDelete