Updates

Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Thing #188--Whee!

I had to get some things at Target this afternoon. Because it was getting close to dinner time, the store wasn't crowded, and as I walked out of the store, I noticed the lot was pretty empty, too. This Target (in Ballwin) has a parking lot that slopes slightly away from the store; I had parked all the way at the end of a parking lane.

I got to the parking lot, looked around for moving cars, saw there were none, and did something I've always wanted to do. I rode on the back of a shopping cart through a parking lot.

The cart had several 12-packs of soda in it, so it was nice and heavy; I wasn't afraid my weight would tip it over. I got to the top of my parking lane, jogged a couple of steps, then hopped up on the back rail of the cart and let gravity carry me along.

I rolled right down the middle of the lane. As I got close to my car, I started to pick up speed, and was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop. I tried to steer the cart towards my car, but I couldn't, so I jumped off the cart, looked around to make sure no one was watching, and resumed my normal persona.

If there had been someone there to film me, it would have looked something like this:

3 comments:

  1. How fun! You're proof that age is only a number and that we are all kids at heart. I've enjoyed reading all your firsts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes being a kid again is the most fun thing we do.. As adults we are constrained by rules of good behaviour and musts and don'ts.. sometimes it is good to let the inner child out for a romp...

    Good on you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. I always love doing that, though I have never done it outside the store. I will have to go to that one and zoom down the hill as well.

    ReplyDelete