Updates

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Thing #305--Good Manners

(In the interests of full disclosure, I got this idea from Sydney of Adventures in the Extraordinary, who got it from a Seinfeld episode.)

Today was one of those things were nothing was going according to plan.

I decided that chocolate would go a long way towards making me feel better, so I bought a bar (on clearance) as I was running errands this afternoon. I came home, unwrapped it, put it on a plate, then I ate a candy bar with a knife and fork.

Not just any chocolate, but a Choxie Dark Chocolate Cocoa Nib Truffle bar. From Target. I had no idea you could get good chocolate there. The label says the bar is, "a trifecta of dark chocolate filled with dark chocolate truffle and even more chocolate in the form of tasty cacao bean nibs". If one kind of chocolate is good, three kinds should be glorious!

I took a good look at the bar on the plate before I started eating. It was a little ashy (probably why it was on the clearance rack), but I knew from past experience the appearance wouldn't affect the taste. I cut it into bite-sized pieces, picked one up with the fork, and put it in my mouth. It tasted fine. The dark chocolate wasn't too bitter, the truffle added a nice smooth texture, and the cocoa nibs gave the bar a bit of a crunch.

By cutting the candy with a knife and using a fork to carry it to my mouth, I had to eat slowly. I was able to savor the chocolate, and I was satisfied when the bar was gone.

It's still cold and gloomy outside, and I still have too much to do, but my elegant snack helped me feel better.

4 comments:

  1. Choxie! One of my coworkers told me yesterday that she spent some time trying to become ambidextrous and part of that apparently involved using her utensils backward, eating primarily left-handed and using the knife with the left hand. She also worked on learning to mouse left-handed.

    I tried to eat my lunch left-handed yesterday and ended up spilling gravy on my pants. So I admitted defeat and let my brain revert to the more comfortable right-handed spooning technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this! Choxie is nummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know if i could slow down enough to savor a chocolate bar. the other day i attempted to eat one block by block and it was gone in less than two minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay me! I think this is the first time someone has lovingly copied one of my ETs!

    Honestly I can't stop eating candy bars this way. I savour things so much more. Plus, it's so awesomely classy.

    ReplyDelete